from Matt & Pickle
Line a 30 x 15 cm tray with baking paper (if using 20 x 20 tin, you’ll need another small tin too).
Blend/pulse until chopped but still a bit chunky:
- 80g (1/2 cup) sunflower seeds
- 20g (1/8 cup) flax seeds
- 1/2 cup nuts (I like almonds & cashews)
- 80g (1/2 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 200g (1 and 1/2 cups) rolled oats
… and pulse until a bit chopped / mixed with seeds & nuts:
In a fairly large bowl, mix blended stuff with:
- 1/4 cup sultanas (optional but increase other stuff if not using)
- 80g (1/2 cup) sesame seeds
- 60g (1/3 cup) chia seeds
In a saucepan, melt together:
- 150g (1/2 cup) unprocessed honey
- 150g tahini
- 70 g butter
Pour the hot tahini mixture into the dry stuff and mix (with hands) until combined.
Use wet hands to press the mixture firmly into the lined tin – it should be about 1-1.5cm thick. Any thicker and it’s really hard to cut. Smooth the top.
Freeze until set (about 2 hours). Slice and store in the freezer for up to a few months.