- 4 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled
- 2 cups Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 small shallot, finely grated
- 1/2 bunch dill, fronds finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Greek honey
- 4-5 tbs olive oil
Drain yoghurt in cheesecloth overnight.
Grate the cucumbers, salt, and leave to drain for a few hours or overnight.
Place thickened yoghurt bowl with the garlic, eschalot, dill, lemon zest and cayenne pepper.
Add drained cucumber to the yoghurt mixture and stir to combine. Add olive oil and stir well.